222 total views
We have been talking about home automation for years. And, we are increasingly familiar with smart elements in the home that make our lives more comfortable. At the same time, they can provide us with an extra security, avoiding damage due to carelessness or even theft, eventualities that, if they occurred, could be protected with your home insurance anyway.
A good example of these elements is voice recognition devices that have also opened the world of home automation to a wider audience. But, what home automation devices can help you in your day today? Do we consume more or save with a smart home? We detail all the answers below.
How can you have home automation?
If you want to turn your house into home automation you do not have to carry out major reforms. There are numerous smart devices that we can incorporate into our home without involving significant changes. We only have to bear in mind that the internet connection is essential for the vast majority of these elements. Specifically, WIFI plays a relevant role in the operation of many of them. Let’s see the most interesting devices to have a home automation house.
In this section, we detail the home automation elements for the house that can make life easier. Which ones do you find most useful?
Voice command devices are already a part of the comfort of many homes. Thanks to the intelligent assistants we can inform ourselves of the traffic in real-time, order a pizza or play our favorite music instantly without having to get up from the sofa. All this with a simple command by voice. How do these devices work?
- They are composed of a loudspeaker that captures our voice and offers us a response according to the order we have given it.
- They have software compatible with a specific operating system, which must be the one corresponding to our smartphone or tablet.
- These are robots that store information about our queries, requests, etc., so that they are able to offer us solutions according to our preferences.
Dymatize elements of your home
Home automation can reach every corner of the house. You can now control various external and internal elements of your home either for comfort or to add extra security.
Home automation can reach every corner of the house
Today it is possible to automate practically any element you can imagine. How can you do it? Here are some examples:
- Taps: by changing the kitchen and bathroom taps, you can demonize your home in order to save water. In the market, you can find a large number of taps that have a built-in sensor that detects the presence of your hand. You do not need to open or close them, so you can also avoid damage, or an increase in the water bill, which could cause you to forget an open tap.
- Blinds: you can also change your old blinds for electric ones that work by remote control. But, if you want to keep the ones you already have, you can also automate them by incorporating a tubular motor with which you can also control them remotely.
- Thermostats: currently we can purchase a multitude of systems to heat our home that already works with a WIFI connection. Thanks to them we can program the temperature of the house, even by zones or by days of the week. In addition, you can buy smart devices with a temperature sensor and compatible with various old heating systems.
The world of home automation lighting offers us a wide range of possibilities. You can buy simple lighting systems, such as light bulbs or smart plugs, that change color, that work by sound or by voice. Perhaps this option can be considered as one of those that you should include in the initial idea of demonizing your home, as it is one of the easiest to apply and its cost is the least high.
For this type of device, there are also ones that allow you to “record scenes” so that the house can reproduce them when you ask them. For example, you can create the scene “watching TV” that can respond to turn off most of the lights except for some that can stay on at the appropriate intensity. Currently, you can even control the lighting in your home through an “app” from anywhere in the home.
How should you keep control of these smart devices?
If you have a large number of smart devices in your home, you may feel a certain loss of control over them, since you may need different remote controls or other elements to transmit the orders. Fortunately, you can purchase different device control centers on the market to centralize the home automation of your home. These are devices that stand out for the following characteristics:
- They are compatible with one or more of the smart assistants that you can include in your home.
- They work through an app that you can access from anywhere, either from your tablet or smartphone.
- They allow you to control different smart devices at the same time from a single screen. For example, before you get home, you can regulate the temperature of your home, the lighting, and the state of the blinds at the same time.
Is it consumed or saved with home automation?
Any home automation system is energy-saving: the bills for water, electricity, and gas supplies drop considerably since it uses only the energy that it really needs. We can see it with some examples:
- If you have lights with a human presence sensor, they only stay on if it detects us in the rooms. Otherwise, they turn off, thus saving on electricity.
- The gas bill can also go down, since the home automation can be regulated by different temperatures, depending on how you use the different rooms. A room in which you hardly enter, you do not have to heat it like another in which you do spend hours.
Considerations before making your home a smart home
Smart homes usually have a simple adaptation. However, before purchasing home automation devices for our home, it is necessary to take enough time to review two fundamental aspects:
What’s really cool about smart devices is their connectivity. That is, we can control and monitor them remotely, either from a tablet, a smartphone, or a voice assistant. Then we must verify that these are elements that have this characteristic.
This is another key factor that we must consider before installing smart devices in our home. Some elements that require a voice assistant may not be compatible with the one we have in our home.
Home automation, a simple adaptation
Convert our home into home automation is a simple task that does not need major transformations. The large number of options that the market offers us even allows us to adapt old elements to home automation quickly and easily. Therefore, in practically any type of home, whether it is a small apartment or a spacious chalet, it can become a smart home. We only have to take into account that there is an internet connection or WIFI, depending on the characteristics of the system that we are going to incorporate.
These are simple adaptations that in return can bring us great advantages. Smart devices can benefit us in comfort, safety and savings. Of course, before acquiring any home automation device, we must also make sure what type of connectivity you need for its control and if it is compatible with the technology that we have at our disposal.