1,955 total views
Carpet cleaning has always been seen as a huge thing to do. With the reactions and allergies people experience as a result of the different chemicals used around us on a daily basis, it is not surprising that people have decided to replace them with natural and healthier products. While it is important to have your carpets cleaned regularly, it is also important to use healthy organic products for the cleaning.
Whether you choose to clean your carpets yourself, or you wish to hire experts who offer professional carpet cleaning services in London, cleaning of carpets with natural and organic products effectively rids the carpets of dirt, dust and at the same time protects the environment and people around it.
How to Clean Your Carpets Naturally ?
What happens when you clean your carpets naturally?
- Prevention of health problems: Exposure to the chemicals used in cleaning carpets can cause health problems and diseases. The use of natural products and cleaning solutions eliminates this risk.
- Cost saving: Natural based products are less expensive in terms of cost. This is due to the fact that most natural cleaning products are homemade, and they save you the cost of expensive chemical products.
- Safe for children: Natural products do not contain harmful substances that can damage the immune system of crawling children and toddlers. Cleaning your carpets naturally guarantees that your child does not get exposed to harmful chemical residues.
Now that we know the benefits associated with cleaning your carpets naturally, the next thing to consider is how to clean your carpets naturally. With the help of the DIY tips outlined below, you should be able to effectively remove dirt and stains from your carpets.
Cleaning Your Carpets Naturally
Tip 1: Baking soda and lavender solution
This natural cleaning solution is very effective, and is also safe to be used around children. Lavender essential oil is safe and has been approved for use in environments with children below the age of 2, and the baking soda has deodorising qualities, is child friendly and easy to vacuum. After using this solution, your carpets will be left spotless with a fresh and clean smell.
- Begin by measuring 2 cups of baking soda into a glass jar
- Add 30 drops of lavender oil to the baking soda, seal the cap and shake very well
- Remove the cap on the glass jar and cover the jar with a sugar paper.
- Secure the sugar paper on the glass jar and make holes on the paper for easy pouring of the solution
- Pour the entire solution on the carpet and allow it settle for about two hours
- Using a vacuum, remove the dirt from your carpet and rid it of unpleasant smells
Tip 2: Water and vinegar solution with steam cleaning
Water and vinegar solution make an effective natural cleaning solution. With the help of steam cleaning, even the toughest stains are removed from your carpets.
- Mix equal portions of vinegar and hot water in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove every heavy or aesthetic object on the carpet
- Use a vacuum to remove traffic heavy spots that may have solid particles in them.
- Pour the previously prepared solution of water and vinegar into the reservoir of the steam machine and then replace it on the machine.
- Press the trigger button on the handle of the machine while running the machine over the carpet. Pressing the button will dispense the solution onto the carpet. For easier and better results, you can work on portions of the carpet at a time.
- Run the steam machine once more over the carpet without pushing the button this time. This will suck up the solution and dirt from the carpet back into the machine. Continue until all the moisture has been sucked up.
- Remove the dirty solution in the collection tank of the machine and throw away.
- Replace with a fresh solution and work until all the areas of your carpet has been cleaned
- Leave carpet to dry.
Tip 3: Vinegar and lavender oil solution
This solutions primary purpose is for the eradication of smells and unwanted odour. The components of this spray are vinegar, salt and lavender oil.
- In a spray bottle, add one cup of vinegar and two cups of water
- Measure two tsp of salt into the water and vinegar solution
- Add 15 drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture
- Seal the spray bottle with its cap and shake well to mix the contents inside
- Spray the entire carpet with the solution, paying special attention to areas with pronounced dirt. Shake the bottle from time to time to ensure even distribution of the contents inside
- Allow the carpet to dry then vacuum
Depending on the size of your carpet, the quantity of each of the material can vary to accommodate your carpet. However, they must still be used in the same ratio.
Tip 4: Home products cleaning solution
You can resort to this method if you want to carry out your carpet cleaning yourself and avoid the lingering smell of chemicals or detergents that carry on for days after a professional cleaning service. The solution is made from different home products like water, castile soap, white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.
- Begin by adding six cups of hot water into a bucket
- Add two tbsp of white vinegar to the water
- Add two tbsp of Castille soap into the bucket as well. Note that Castille soap is produced from natural plant oils
- Add one cup of hydrogen peroxide to the bucket and stir evenly to ensure complete distribution
- Soak the stain on the carpet, by using a rag to dip in the solution and then placing on the carpet.
- Dry the area of the carpet using another rag. Do not rub or scrub the carpet with this rag.
Carpet Cleaner London provide some of the most efficient carpet cleaning services.