418 total views
Rice cum steam cookers have turned out to be one of the must-have kitchen appliances owing to the immense benefits they come with. Whether it is cooking rice to perfection or steaming food simultaneously as the rice cooks, this multipurpose appliance makes your cooking task significantly easier. Maintaining it properly on a regular basis is important to keep it in top shape and ensure that the food cooked or steamed in it tastes great.
Using Your Steam Cooker for the First Time
If you are using your steam cooker for the first time, make sure that you go through the user manual. Follow all the instructions before operating it to avoid any mistakes. A few instructions that are commonly applicable to all steam cookers are:
- Clean all the washable parts of the cooker before using it for the first time.
- Don’t add more water than the indicated level in the inner rice pot.
- Before turning on the appliance, ensure that the main voltage and the appliance’s operating voltage correspond to each other.
- Don’t install the appliance near any source of heat or wet surfaces.
- Avoid using the steam cooker in an inclined or recumbent position.
- Don’t touch the appliance with wet hands when it is switched on.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Cleaning the steam cooker regularly is important to eradicate weird odours and keep watery and uncooked rice from getting stuck to the surface. Here’s how you can clean the cooker and maintain it:
- Wait for the appliance to cool down before cleaning.
- Soak the inner pot for a few minutes before washing it if food is stuck on the surface. Use hot water, soft sponge and mild detergent to wash it. Avoid using steel wool.
- Use a moist cloth to wipe the exterior and interior of the appliance body. For cleaning the heating plate, wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Use a soft sponge, dish-washing liquid and hot water to clean the inner lid and steam vent cap. Use a dry cloth to wipe away any water droplets present on the hot plate.
- Clean the sealing cover regularly to avoid strange smell in the rice.
- Avoid using vinegar for cleaning the inner pot to protect the non-stick coating. Also, don’t put it in a dishwasher.
- Don’t rinse the body of the appliance under running water or immerse it in water.
After cleaning all the parts of the steam cooker, make sure to dry them well before replacing them inside. Before using the appliance again, ensure that all these parts are securely fixed.
On a final note, if your steam cooker doesn’t function properly, avoid servicing it on your own. Get it fixed by authorized service personnel.
A rice cum steam cooker is one of the handiest kitchen appliances with easy functions. With the right care and maintenance, it will be able to serve you delicious hot food every day for several years. So, make sure to follow the above tips to care for your steam cooker.